Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moving Forward/Thesis Writing

It was nice meeting Jennifer and talking about writing. I'm moving forward with my thesis paper and want to spend more time in the paper talking about my ideas rather than the actual manifestation that the work will take. As I said before, writing is so helpful in synthesizing my ideas concretely. Thinking about what a business card is fundamentally has been helpful and I am continuing to work. Since my ultimate idea is to rethink communication and provide a new idea within communication, the concept of a business card is not exactly what I am looking for, but is helpful. Business cards are sort of dry and just state a little information. I may still make some cards within the business card category, but am also still working on the cards more like what I was making before the December crit. After the class crits last week, people really like the more wry, ambiguous cards. I have been trying to come up with more phrases in those kinds of categories.

Since the way that people interact with these cards is really important, I think I want to exhibit them so that people can touch and hold them, as well as show large photographs of the cards in an environment. I was thinking of looking for second hand frames to frame them, because it would be both cost effective and more casual than matching wooden frames, which might offer a more conversational feel rather than a formal, gallery feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment